Welcome to the PostreSQL tutorial. This website is a simple introduction to postgresql object-relational database system.
If you are a beginner in postgresql then this is the perfect place to start initiation in postgresql.
You can find examples with simple operations (eg: select, insert, update, create, delete) and also with advanced operations such as functions(eg: Create Function, Drop Function) and triggers(eg: Create Trigger, Drop trigger).
In PostgreSQL are four procedural languages with you can write functions:
This postgresql tutorial will be concentrated on PL/pgSQL language.
PL/pgSQL – SQL Procedural Language
The basic commands of PL/pgSQL – SQL Procedural Language:
- Create / Alter / Drop Database
- Create / Alter / Drop Schema
- Create / Alter / Drop User
- Create Table
- Alter Table
- Drop Table
- Create / Alter / Drop View
- Create Function
- Alter Function
- Drop Function
- Create Trigger
- Alter / Disable trigger
- Drop trigger
- Create / Alter / Drop Type
- Control Structures
- Add primary key to existing table
- Add foreign key constraint to table
- Add unique key constraint to table
- Add column to existing table
- Add multiple columns to existing table
- Drop column from existing table
- Drop multiple columns from table
- Rename column table
- Rename name of existing table
- Add check constraint to a table
- Remove check constraint from table